Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Amazing French Toast Bake

Once again, I don't really measure anything, I just eyeball a lot of things sooo I'll try to give an accurate measurement for all this goodness.

First you need a 9x13" cake pan and then you need to butter that baby up, loads of butter. I thought I had enough and my sides still stuck to the pan, so if you think it's enough, add more.

Now take 4 whole pieces and two 1/2 pieces and line the bottom of your pan, pour egg and milk mixture over the top so your bread is soaked (I don't like mine soggy so they weren't completely submerged in in). Add another layer over the top to cover up any gaps, and pour remaining egg mixture on top. Let the bread absorb for about 5 minutes and spread butter spread on top of it. Bake for 45 minutes at 375. YUMMY!

Egg mixture:
5-6 large eggs
1cup milk
cinnamon to taste (or really any yummy spices)
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
whisk together ingredients

Butter spread:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 corn syrup
throw in some other yummy spices or nuts if you like
mix with a spatula

*note, too much butter will just melt into the top layer and will make it soggy in the middle while your edges are nice an crispy


We had sausage patties on the side and poured syrup on top but it was almost too sweet for me once I added syrup, if you cut it right it'd make for some great dipping sticks for kids.


1 comment:

  1. your recipes always make me hungry! stop posting so close to lunch time!!

    ReplyDelete