Monday, April 16, 2012

Pork Chops anyone?

We usually don't eat pork chops because my husband doesn't understand that pork comes from the same place ham does and he loves ham but thinks pork is gross (he's a genius I tell ya). Anyhow, I like pork chops, I grew up eating fried porkchops, potatoes, green beans, all that good stuff so I bought some. Unfortunately we don't have a grill, well we do we just can't use it in our apartment (lame!), so I had to cook them on the stove, which turned out pretty amazing thanks to my cast iron skillet that I begged for a few birthday's ok (The only thing I ever ask for is kitchen stuff). They were delicious!!! Of course everything I make is!
Pan seared deliciousness

Here's what you need for the marinade:
1tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2tbsp soy sauce
1 garlic clove
1tbsp red pepper flakes

mix up and pour into a zip lock baggie with your pork chops, then add about 1-2 cups water (enough to cover the pork chops) and let sit in the fridge for half the day (longer for more flavor of course).

Then take your lovely well marinated pork chops and stick them in your skillet. Let them sear for awhile on both sides. I like to have a nice crispy skin on mine so I added some olive oil to the pan (should oil anyways so the pork doesn't stick).
See the crispy-ness? yummmm

Anywho, we had ours with herb and butter rice and left over green bean casserole from Easter dinner so this was not only an easy meal but a super cheap one at that, like an $8 meal for my family of 6!!


No comments:

Post a Comment