Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Baby shower!!

Before moving I was given the honor of hosting a baby shower for my oldest and dearest friend who is due to have her second baby, A GIRL!!! on Sept 5, however she will be induced on the 28th of this month. I can't tell you how incredibly excited I am to meet Baby Shaye and love on her :)
For this baby shower I wanted to do something incredible! Being on a tight budge of course I had to limit how extreme I went with this. I ended up choosing a vintage shower theme, mostly because I love vintage anything, roses, light pink colors, etc. This ended up actually costing me less than $100 for everything, including the money her loving grandma ended up sending me because she just thought it was so sweet of me to host the shower for her and she wanted to help out. Most of the items I bought were from a garage sale or left over from other parties. Probably the most expensive were the drinking glasses which I decided to use mason jars for and lucky me, caught them on sale at Hobby Lobby for 50% off, making them less than $1 a piece. I added chalk board sticker, ribbon, and bottons(which I had on hand), and found some pretty light colored straws to drink from. I also bought bottled water and tied pink ribbons to them for those who don't care for juice or punch.
For food, the mom to be offered to bring a meat tray despite me telling her she didn't need to, and her mother in law brought the veggie tray, I ended up purchasing cupcakes, made cream cheese/feta/cranberry roll ups, chip dip, bought animal cookies (because we had just discussed how yummy they are) and making a fruit pizza. The cupcakes were made by an old friend at Cakelicious based in Lincoln, NE https://www.facebook.com/Cakealicious28 and they were absolutely amazing! They had slid around in the car but I didn't have time to fix them before setting them out, didn't matter, they were yummy regardless!  My mom let me use her silver platters as they fit along with the vintage them and added something special. I also had found a cute wooden doll cradle for $5, a vintage baby scale for $20, some pillowcase dolls, and a very old copy of Mother Goose to use as table decor. The roses were cut from my own front yard (I worked all summer to try to keep them from drying up lol). 




All and all I think it turned out wonderfully and everyone had a great time. I'm glad I was able to pull it all off and make it look presentable. Thinking I may have to plan another party sometime soon for someone else, it was rather fun!

5 comments:

  1. This is freakin gorgeous! I'm totally making you host mine... someday! MOVE HOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I would love to host but your home is still not Lincoln so.... :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same thing! Dang girl this is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks! I was pleasantly surprised myself at how well it turned out! :)

      Delete