Monday, June 11, 2012

Quick breakfast

As a mom of four, one who loathes the moment kids come rouse me out of bed hours before I'm ready because I stayed up too late reading, I need easy breakfasts. Non time consuming ones that I can put together and go lay back on the couch for another 10 minutes or so.
Here's my compilation:
Cheerios;heart healthy, not loaded with sugar, and great for babies!
Toast!; add some peanut butter for protein or do a butter and honey for a sweet treat
Bagels; mini are even funner. Use cream cheese or fruit spread of some sort
Whole wheat frozen waffles; avoid a mess and a sugar high by not serving with syrup. Try peanut butter and raisins instead.
Eggs; we always have eggs, more than we need. I personally love a fried egg. sandwich with two pieces of buttery toasted bread.
Oatmeal; I cheat and buy the flavored stuff. It's not horrible so on this I don't mind indulging the kids.
Serve everything with fruit and a small glass of milk. By serving such fruits as an apple or proteins like eggs with breakfast you are keeping your kiddos full and not Asking for lunch in an hour. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day and I like to make sure my kids are prepared for the day even if I'm not ready for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment