Sunday, July 22, 2012

Heat advisory skillet chili

Maybe I'm a little nuts for craving chili in the summer but I did, and actually do quite often. I get tired of "summer meals" pretty quickly. Tonight after forgetting for 2 days to start the crockpot I gave up and just made some in the skillet. It's simple, and still a one dish meal so I'm ok with that.
What ya need:
5qt skillet
1lb hamburger
1 big can of chili beans
1cup (or more of you want more spice and veggies I limit it for the kids)
1 tsp chili powder
1tsp crushed garlic flakes

Brown your burger, drain if you need to. I use the 93/7 burger so I leave the grease because I'm lazy ;). Add your chili beans and salsa, stir then add your spices and stir again (duh right?!). Cover and simmer for about 20-25minutes. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment