Thursday, October 24, 2013

Liebster Award!!!

My dear friend over at Keeping Up With Kelsey nominated me for a Liebster Award! Isn't she a doll?! NO, no, Kelsey is not a doll, she's a rambunctious 20 something year old who has too much on her plate and somehow doesn't go crazy with it all...or maybe that's why she's rambunctious, its the only way she can keep caught up with everything :) Either way, I <3 her. She's one amazing chiquita banana.

Anyhow, Liebster award...Ive gotta answer a few questions and list 11 random facts about myself, then I have to nominate 11 more bloggers with less than 200 fans. I don't follow a ton of blogs with low rate so I'll start out with a few nominees and then add to the list as I find fantastic peeps who deserve the honor, give them a list of 11 new questions, and then they must pay it forward and do the same!

Ok so here's my 11 random factoids....

1. I'm obsessed with nail polishes. I have pretty decent natural nails and I like to keep them purdy!
2. I live in an uber small town with 1200ish people in it, sometimes it wierds me out since I've always lived in the city and not used to people saying hi, or knowing my kids' names, etc.
3. I love to cook. I really do. I love sugar and salt, and all things yummy.
4. To make up for my need to cook all the time, I workout 5 days or more a week. I'm a Beachbody Coach still working on my journey to a better me. 6 months have done my body good! Follow me on Facebook!
5. My favorite time of year is winter. I know, it's weird, but I like snow, I like to be bundled up, and I like cloudy days. Maybe I'm part vampire but the cloudier the happier I am.
6. I get random cravings for Mac and Cheese with garlic salt. It was something my dad always did, maybe those days are the days he's really looking after me.
7. I really wanted to name my youngest, Seamus. I'm Irish, hubby is Irish, made sense to use an Irish name...now I just want to buy a Golden Retriever and name him Seamus :) (pronounce Shay-mus for those who can't read)
8. Speaking of reading, I'm on my third book for the month...well the first one I just finished this month, it took me 2 months to finish.
9. Cant freakin wait for Christmas!! Favorite holiday of all time!
10. My favorite foods are french fries, mashed potatoes and gravy (from KFC), and nachos
11. I would rather die in a fire than drown.


Kelsey's QA!
1. What tv series are on your DVR list?-Oh gosh...Sleepy Hollow, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Cheer Perfection, The White Queen, Tosh.0, Louis C.K., Son's of Anarchy, and a few others I can't remember. But those are the one's I keep up with.
2. Main reason you began blogging-I think it's easier to get my feelings and thoughts out when I write them down and Facebook has too short of a box lol. No but really, if people wanna know my business, they can know it all. If they don't then they can be satisfied with social network status'. Plus, I have a lot of good stuff to write about so I do :)
3. Where do you see your blog going in the future?-Ugh, I don't know. I've got so much going on, it takes me weeks to get to the blogs I want to do. I'd like to have a decent amount of followers but not sure if I want to get so into it that I start doing reviews and what not for others. Just want to inspire creativity and self respect for my readers. I'd like everyone to have the "if she can do it, I can too" mind set.
4. Ever played an instrument?-Yup, I can play the flute, sax, baritone sax, piano, and kind of the trumpet. Flute and b sax I actually played in school though. I still have my flute, still can read music but I don't think I sound as good as I used to :)
5. Which social media site are you the most addicted to? ....facebook and instagram

6. Any guilty pleasure's you'd like to air out?-Jersey Shore and chocolate chips (I have bags of them in the cupboards for a quick chocolate fix)
7. How many fbook pictures are your profile?-As in how many I have on fbook? or how many times have I changed my fbook profile photo? I'll list the both...I have 28albums, one is my instagram which has almost 700 photos alone lol. and i have 36 profile pics.
8. Reasoning behind your blog name?-My last name is Sullivan and we live in Nebraska, The Good Life. and since my blog is about my family and our life...well you get the picture.
9. Have you ever tried to sue someone?-nope, been sued for an apartment issue way back when, but never sued anyone
10. How did you find my blog? (Keeping up With Kelsey)-ugh...you link it like 20 times a day :) lol you know I how I found you!
11. Bath or shower?-Shower. I don't like baths, I have 4 kids who take baths and I get weird about it and have to completely scrub the tub before sitting in it, and that's too much work lol. I'd rather just sit down under the shower water.



sheesh...that took a lot of thinking! But now its the following blogger's turns!

My nominees!

Stefanie @ Husak Household
Julie @ Savvy Homemaking

And my Questions to the bloggers:

1. Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
2. If you had $50 to spend on something you wanted, not needed, what would you buy?
3. Are you closer to your mom or dad?
4. If the giraffe is purple and the sky is orange, what color is the tree? (ya seriously, thats my question)
5. Popcorn or Potato chips?
6. What is your best talent?
7. When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up? Did that happen?
8. What's your shoe size?
9. Who's the hottest guy on tv?
10. What do you currently consider "your jam"?
11. If you celebrate them, whats your favorite holiday?



1 comment: