Thursday, January 3, 2013

New lunch item

First lets say my goal this year is to do more...work out more(eat less lol), coupon and save money more, and BLOG more. I have so much to blog about I just don't, moving right before the holidays and have a big family probably doesn't help that...
Anyhow today marks day 12 that my kids haven't been in school, means there's been 12 days of "what am I going to make for lunch?" Everyone is worn out on frozen pizza, chicken nuggets, and sandwiches so I called up (texted) my dear friend Sarah who's a daycare provider/child guru and asked her for something. She had told me about the bake before and of course it was on a "mommy's night out" so I couldn't remember lol. This is how she has it: Jiffy cornbread, 1 can of corn(don't drain), 2cups of shredded cheddar, and 1 egg. Combine and sprinkle some cut up hotdogs on top. The. put in a 9x9 pan and bake at 350 for 30min(give or take). I only had about a cup and a half of Monterey Jack so I used that and added some salt and pepper. And I had about 4 hotdogs left from a few weeks ago when I made pigs-in-a-blanket (blog about it later), 4 seemed to work out and didn't over do it (4 kids, 4 hotdogs :))


*ok edit, I had to cook this for 45 minutes but the kids loved it! The boys had 2 helpings, and yes I ate some too cuz it smelled so yummy!

(Excuse the quality phone picture I have here)



1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks great! Maybe we'll try it for us "adults" too!

    ReplyDelete